From the secretary
- The equine Hendra vaccine and horse exports
- Drought program reform
- Farm Finance
- Roundtable: Horse meat substitution – Maintaining consumer confidence and standards
- Fisheries Management Review released
- Questions and answers on horse meat in Australia
- Beef imports – questions and answers
- A joint Australia–China report on strengthening cooperation in agriculture
- Action on the Ground — 2nd round, closing 23 May 2013
- Comment on draft Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Cattle and for Sheep, opened on March 7
- Got a project idea that will help keep Australia’s productive land healthy, resilient and sustainable? Community Landcare Grants of between $5000 and $50 000 are now available. Apply now.
Science & economics
Where do decision-makers come for professionally independent advice?ABARES
Travelling or sending goods to Australia
What do you need to consider before you send plant or animal material overseas?Exporting from Australia
What are the requirements for bringing items into Australia?Importing to Australia
Farming, fishing & forestry
We work to sustain the way of life and prosperity of all Australians.
We do this by advising the government and our stakeholders how to improve the productivity, competitiveness and sustainability of our portfolio industries.
We also help people and goods move in and out of Australia while managing the risks to the environment and animal, plant and human health.