Outlook 2014 – welcome from ABARES Executive Director
Join us in Canberra for ABARES Outlook 2014 conference - Australia's premier forum for public and private sector agricultural decision-makers.
Meet leading producers and national and international speakers from the OECD, the European Commission, the United States Department of Agriculture, Rabobank and Peking University.
With its theme of Realising the opportunities, be part of the conversation about Australia's economic outlook, the future of agriculture, opportunities in Asian markets, developments in northern Australia and challenges in productivity and infrastructure.
I look forward to seeing you at Outlook 2014.
Karen Schneider, Executive Director, ABARES
The Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES) is a research bureau within the Department of Agriculture.
We provide professionally independent research, analysis and advice for government and private sector decision-makers on significant issues affecting Australia's agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries.
Explore the website for:
Leading international speakers confirmed for Outlook 2014:
- Ken Ash, OECD, addressing delegates in the Agricultural productivity session.
- Professor Yiping Huang of Peking University speaking in the Economic overview session.
- Dr Joe Glauber, Chief Economist of United States Department of Agriculture, speaking in the Grains session.
- Dr Tassos Haniotis from the European Commission also presenting in the Global focus session.
- Berry Marttin, Rabobank The Netherlands in the Global focus session.
Discover the full Program
Why attend Outlook 2014?
- Join delegates for excellent networking and information opportunities.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of industry specific issues.
- Choose from 16 comprehensive sessions featuring leading industry presenters.
- Hear directly from keynote and international speakers.
- Attend sessions focused on current industry issues.
Be a part of the conversation at Outlook 2014.
Showcase your organisation with a trade stand
Raise your organisation’s profile, highlight innovations, launch new products and tools and have in-depth conversations with delegates at your trade stand site at Outlook 2014. With delegates from primary industry, business and finance, media, government, education and research sectors, a trade stand is an effective tool to maximise your attendance and start conversations that continue after the conference.
Find out more