The department presents its budget as a Portfolio Budget Statement (PBS). This provides information to Parliament on the department’s proposed allocation of resources for the coming year. The PBS details financial arrangements, allots expenditure against individual activities and describes how these activities contribute to the government's priorities.
The role of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is to:
- enhance the productivity, competitiveness and sustainability of the agriculture, fisheries, forestry and related industries
- assist people and goods to move in and out of Australia, while managing the risks to the environment and animal, plant and human health.
From the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
- Media release: The Gillard Government’s plan for Australian agriculture
- Media release: Gillard Government to implement national drought reform
From the Secretary, Andrew Metcalfe
- Message: Budget provides certainty for DAFF
DAFF Budget information package
- DAFF Overview
- Reforming Drought Programs factsheet
- National Drought Program Reform Q&A's
- Biosecurity factsheet
- Biosecurity Q&A's
- All Q&A's PDF [815 KB]
To obtain copies of previous budgets please contact Budget Management or phone +61 2 6272 3933.
15 May 2013