What the department can offer you
Salary and benefits *
If you are successful in obtaining a position on the department’s Graduate Development Program in 2014, you will receive a Graduate APS 3.03 salary of $60,871 per annum.
Your comprehensive benefits package includes:
- assistance in relocating to Canberra (if applicable)
- generous superannuation provisions
- reimbursement of up to $300 annually for expenditure on a healthy lifestyle
- flexible working conditions that assist you to balance your work and personal life
- an average working week of 37 ½ hours
- four weeks annual leave per year
- four weeks personal leave per year
- structured training and development and workplace rotations under the department’s Graduate Development Program
- ongoing training and development opportunities after the Graduate Development Program year
- access to the department’s study assistance–Studybank–after the Graduate Development Program year
- a challenging and structured career path
- membership and or involvement with the department’s active social club.
- on successful completion of the department’s Graduate Development Program you will be advanced to an APS 4 classification level and salary. The department also encourages its graduates to apply for further promotions as appropriate opportunities arise.
For further information about salary and benefits please consult the Enterprise Agreement 2011–14 PDF [1 MB].
* There may also be limited positions available in one of our portfolio agencies, the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). For these positions, successful candidates would be engaged under the conditions set out in the Australian Fisheries Management Authority Enterprise Agreement 2011–14.
As a graduate you will receive support to assist in your transition to the department and life in Canberra. This includes support from the Graduate Development Program managers, trained supervisors, experienced training facilitators and a network of current and previous graduates. Throughout the year you will have numerous opportunities to give and receive feedback on your individual progress. To assist you with career planning the department has an informal mentoring process in place.
Social Network of Graduates
The Social Network of Graduates is a network made up of graduates from a variety of public and private sector organisations and offers a variety of social activities and events for its members throughout the graduate year.
It is a great way to meet other graduates and provides valuable support to those who have recently moved to Canberra. Should you choose to become a member, the department will cover the cost of your membership fee.
For more information about the Department of Agriculture (the department) Graduate Development Program and what the department can offer you please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 639 442.
17 Apr 2013