Administrative Arrangements Order
The Administrative Arrangements Order lists all Commonwealth legislation, listed under the portfolio responsible for its administration. Legislation administered by the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is listed under the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
Access the Administrative Arrangements Order, which is available from the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
The department advises the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and the Parliamentary Secretary on the exercise of their powers under portfolio legislation and on other matters. The secretary of the department and departmental employees exercise delegated decision-making powers under the legislation. The secretary of the department and some departmental employees also have their own, non-delegated powers under the legislation.
The wide-ranging legislation set out for the department in the Administrative Arrangements Order relates to:
- agricultural, pastoral, fishing, food and forest industries
- soils and other natural resources
- rural adjustment and drought
- rural industries inspection and quarantine
- primary industries research, including economic research
- commodity marketing, including export promotion and agribusiness
- commodity-specific international organisations and activities
- administration of international commodity agreements
- administration of export controls on agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries products
- food security policy and programs.
The legislation includes the:
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Act 1994
- Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994
- Australian Animal Health Council (Live-stock Industries) Funding Act 1996
- Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry Act 1997
- Dairy Produce Act 1986
- Export Control Act 1982
- Farm Household Support Act 1992
- Fisheries Administration Act 1991
- Fisheries Management Act 1991
- Forestry Marketing and Research and Development Services Act 2007
- Horticulture Marketing and Research and Development Services Act 2000
- Imported Food Control Act 1992
- National Cattle Disease Eradication Trust Account Act 1991
- National Residue Survey Administration Act 1992
- Natural Resources Management (Financial Assistance) Act 1992, except to the extent administered by the Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Plant Health Australia (Plant Industries) Funding Act 2002
- Primary Industries and Energy Research and Development Act 1989
- Quarantine Act 1908, in relation to animal, plant and general quarantine
- Regional Forest Agreements Act 2002
- Torres Strait Fisheries Act 1984
- Wool International Act 1993
- Wheat Export Marketing Act 2008.
Viewing and downloading legislation
Legislation with current consolidations can be viewed/downloaded using the COMLAW website maintained by the Attorney-General’s Department.
Access the COMLAW website.
Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service legislation
Regulatory plans provide business operators, business representatives and the public with access to information about changes to Australian Government business regulation.
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry 2010-11 Annual Regulatory Plan contains information about:
- changes to business regulation which occurred during the 2009-10 financial year
- legislative and quasi-legislative action planned for the 2010-11 financial year which could lead to changes to business regulation.
28 Apr 2011