Plant Health Committee
Two main themes interwoven throughout the 43rd meeting included:
- looking into the future and ensuring appropriate policy settings for continued effective and efficient plant biosecurity management, and
- a shared responsibility.
Communiqués from the government-industry working group on live animal exports to Indonesia
The group has been established at the request of federal Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Senator Joe Ludwig, and follows a meeting between Minister Ludwig, the Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australian ministers, and industry representatives on Friday 10 June 2011.
- High Pathogenic Avian influenza - Young, NSW - 17 October 2013
- Update on Response to Low Pathogenicity Notifiable Avian Influenza (LPNAI) - 9 February 2012
- Detection of LPAI in ducks in Victoria - 2 February 2012
Red imported fire ants
- Update on efforts to eradicate Red Imported Fire Ants - December 2012
Asian honey bees
- National group supports work of Asian Honeybee Coordination Group - 19 July 2011
- Update on response to Asian honey bees - 2 February 2011
- Response to Asian honey bees - 7 September 2010
Four Tropical Weeds and Siam Weed
Cocoa Pod Borer
- Successful eradication of cocoa pod borer - January 2014
- NMG met to discuss the detection of cocoa pod borer - August 2011
- NMG met and agreed to wound-up the eradication program - August 2011
Australian Landcare Council
Standing Council on Primary Industries
The Standing Council on Primary Industries (SCoPI) was established in September 2011 as part of a new council system for Council of Australian Governments.
- Read the most recent SCoPI communiqué
Export Certification Reform Package (ECRP)
Australia’s agricultural export industries are working with the government to reform export certification and inspection services through more efficient work practices and improvements in technology. Joint Industry-Ministerial Taskforces for the dairy, fish, grain, horticulture, live animal and meat export industries were set up to deliver the reforms. The ECRP is scheduled to be implemented by 30 June 2011.
Horse meat in Australia
03 Feb 2014