Indexed list of files
The Department, in accordance with the requirements of the Senate Procedural Orders of Continuing Effect, publishes Indexed List of Files twice a year.
‘(2) Each department and agency shall provide, on its Internet home page, access to an indexed list of the titles of all relevant files, including new parts of existing files, created from 1 January 1998 in the central office of that department or agency (departments and agencies may choose to maintain online an indexed list of all new files created from that date or to maintain online an indexed list of, as a minimum, the most recent year’s file creations)’.
In accordance with the Order the following categories of files are excluded:
- Files transferred to the National Archives
- Case related files (e.g. personal representations or dealing with the personal affairs of departmental or agency clients or taxpayers); and
- Files essentially related to the internal administration of the department or agency (e.g. , staff or personnel matters)
Three hashes (###) in file titles replace title information that would disclose;
- commercially confidential information
- identifiably personal information
- matters of national security
- deliberations of Cabinet
Indexed File Lists
File titles are arranged under the names of current divisions of the Department and then filed alphabetically by title.
- Indexed List of Files 1 January 2013 - 30 June 2013 Word [1.4 MB]
- Indexed List of Files 1 July - 31 December 2012 Word [1.4 MB]
Portfolio Agency Indexed Lists of Files are published by the agencies on their individual websites.
19 Aug 2013