Cocoa Products and Chocolate
Codex Committee on Cocoa Products and Chocolate
(Host Government - Switzerland)
This committee has adjourned until further notice as it has completed its program of work. It was responsible for elaborating world-wide standards for cocoa products and chocolate including the Draft Standard for Chocolate and Chocolate Products which was adopted at Step 8 at the 26th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission in July 2003.
Existing Codex Standards
Standards relating to cocoa products and chocolate* that have been endorsed and adopted into the international food code include standards on:
- Cocoa Butter
- Cocoa powders (cocoas) and dry mixtures of cocoa and sugars
- Cocoa (Cacao) Mass (Cocoa/Chocolate Liquor) and Cocoa Cake
- Composite and Filled Chocolate
- Cocoa Butter Confectionery
* This is an indicative list only. For a full list of standards approved by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, please consult its Official List of Standards.
17 Dec 2007