The new Drought and Rural Assistance Newsletter provides updates and information on support for farm businesses, farm families and rural communities. Read more...
The Australian Government’s Drought Concessional Loans Scheme is now open for applications in Queensland and New South Wales.
The scheme, announced in February as part of the Australian Government’s Drought Assistance Package will help farm businesses recover from and prepare for future droughts and return to viability in the longer term. Read more...
The Farm Household Allowance is now open to farmers in hardship nationwide. Read more or call 13 23 16.
The Australian Government provides a number of assistance measures to support farmers and farm businesses in rural Australia build a strong and resilient agriculture sector.
- Farm Household Allowance
- Farm Finance
- Farm Management Deposits (FMD)
- Taxation measures
- Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS)
On 26 February 2014 the Australian Government announced a range of assistance measures to assist farm families and businesses in drought-affected areas.
- Interim Farm Household Allowance (now closed to new applications)
- Concessional loans for drought-affected farmers
- Emergency water infrastructure rebates
- Additional mental health and social support services
- Pest management in drought affected areas
22 Aug 2014