The Australian Government’s Drought Concessional Loans Scheme is now open for applications in Queensland and New South Wales. The scheme, announced in February as part of the Australian Government’s Drought Assistance Package will help farm businesses recover from and prepare for future droughts and return to viability in the longer term. Read more...
The Farm Household Allowance is now open to farmers in hardship nationwide. Read more or call 13 23 16.
The Australian Government has extended the deadline to 14 August 2014 for Interim Farm Household Allowance (Interim FHA) recipients (and applicants awaiting a decision) to apply for Farm Household Allowance (FHA) to avoid being left out-of-pocket. Interim FHA recipients (and applicants awaiting a decision) wishing to apply for FHA should not to delay in lodging their application.
The Australian Government provides a number of assistance measures to support farmers and farm businesses in rural Australia build a strong and resilient agriculture sector.
- Farm Household Allowance
- Farm Finance
- Farm Management Deposits (FMD)
- Taxation measures
- Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS)
On 26 February 2014 the Australian Government announced a range of assistance measures to assist farm families and businesses in drought-affected areas.
- Interim Farm Household Allowance (now closed to new applications)
- Concessional loans for drought-affected farmers
- Emergency water infrastructure rebates
- Additional mental health and social support services
- Pest management in drought affected areas
15 Jul 2014