The Australian Government’s Farm Finance program has four measures which aim to build the ongoing financial resilience of farm businesses:
- short-term assistance in the form of concessional loans for productivity enhancement projects or debt restructuring
- funding for around 17 additional fulltime counsellors with the Rural Financial Counselling Service
- increasing the non-primary production income threshold for Farm Management Deposits (FMDs) from $65 000 to $100 000, and allowing consolidation of existing FMD accounts
- establishing a nationally consistent approach to farm debt mediation.
The Farm Finance Concessional Loans Scheme is available in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
- New $30 million round of Farm Finance loans available in NSW – 8 July 2014
- Time running out to apply for a Farm Finance Concessional Loan this financial year – 15 April 2014
- Round two of Farm Finance loans available to NSW producers - 11 March 2014
- Farm Finance rolls out across the Northern Territory – 24 February 2014
- Support for Tasmanian farmers – 20 December 2013
- Farm Finance available for Tasmanian farmers – 13 January 2014
- Applications open for Farm Finance in South Australia – 19 December 2013
- Increased access to Farm Finance – 4 December 2013
- Extra assistance to support farmers – 6 November 2013
08 Jul 2014