Promoting Australian Produce (Major Events)
This program closed on 30 June 2011.
Promoting Australian Produce (Major Events) aimed to improve collaboration and cooperation in Australian agricultural industries. The program did this by supporting major national events that brought together industry participants to encourage information exchange across the production, manufacturing, marketing and distribution chain.
Under the program, grants were available to help stage major national events organised by animal or plant industries, taking place in Australia or overseas, that aimed, in whole or part, to:
- encourage the development and adoption of new technologies and systems that will improve productivity and promote Australian agricultural products and services
- encourage industry–wide and/or through–chain collaboration to effectively respond to challenges presented by climate change and globalisation
- better promote the advantage of quality Australian produce to international markets
- Promoting Australian Produce (Major Events) Program Guidelines Word [640kb]
- Grant to promote Aussie wines aboard — 31 May 2010
- Rudd Government promoting Australian industries to the world — 21 May 2009
- Rudd Government supporting Australian beef on the world stage — 31 March 2009
- Delivering on commitment to invest in regional food production — 19 December 2008
Promoting Australian Produce (Major Events) grant recipients
20 Jan 2012