National food policy working group
A National Food Policy Working Group has been established as a forum for active communication between the food industry and government to foster a common understanding of the industry’s priorities, challenges and future outlook across the supply chain. The National Food Policy working group is one consultative mechanism to assist in developing the national food plan.
Senator the Hon Kim Carr has established a Food Processing Industry Strategy Group which will, among its other functions, also provide advice to the government on the national food plan.
Members of the National Food Policy Working Group
- Michael Byrne – CEO Linfox Logistics
- Dr Alastair Robertson – Deputy Chief Executive of CSIRO
- Terry O’Brien – Managing Director Simplot Australia
- Simone Tully – Director, Organic Federation of Australia
- Jock Laurie – President National Farmers’ Federation
- Janine Allis – CEO Boost Juice
- Kate Carnell – CEO Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Malcolm Jackman – CEO Elders Ltd
- Nick Stace – CEO Choice (Australian Consumers Association)
- Alison Watkins – Managing Director and CEO Graincorp
- Jeff Lawrence – ACTU Secretary
- Dr Peter Williams – Visiting Principal Fellow, University of Wollongong
National Food Policy Working Group Terms of Reference.
For more information about the national food plan you can email the department.
Related media releases
09 Nov 2011