Elsewhere on DAFF
Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee
As you may be aware the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) has revised the roles and responsibilities of the Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee (DEICC) and re-established DEICC in early 2013, in accordance with DAFF’s policy for consultative committees.
This forum will act as the peak consultative group between DAFF and the dairy export industry. The new Committee therefore supersedes the former (AQIS) Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee.
DEICC will be the primary consultation body for issues relating to the export and certification of dairy products. Its scope will be limited to:
- focusing strategically on improvements to market access and export operational issues facing the dairy export industry, including ways to reduce regulatory burdens
- providing suggestions on how to improve market access for dairy products through DAFF processes
- acting as an effective conduit for information exchange between DAFF, dairy export industry and State Regulatory Authorities (SRAs).
The membership of DEICC consists of representatives from:
- DAFF – Policy and Operations
- Dairy Australia
- Australian Dairy Products Federation
- State Regulatory Authorities
- Dairy Consultants
- Dairy export establishments.
From time to time, subcommittees are formed to discuss technical (operational) or policy issues. The subcommittees then report the outcomes to DEICC.
The DEICC meets twice per year. Special meetings are also convened if urgent issues arise.
The first meeting of DEICC was held in Melbourne on 4 March 2013.
For further information about the DEICC, contact the Secretariat at DEICC
22 Apr 2013