Elsewhere on DAFF
Seafood Export Consultative Committee
The Seafood Export Consultative Committee (SECC) is the principal advisory forum for DAFF to consult with the export seafood industry on certification and market access issues.
The objective of SECC is to provide a continuing forum for formal liaison between DAFF and the export fishing industry. The committee will also advise, as required, the Minister for the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry on a variety of issues including:
- financial matters related to levels of apportionment of DAFF charges to the export fish sector
- matters relating to the production, processing, packaging and transportation of fish and fish products for export
- any food safety matter which may directly impact on the industry and/or their markets
- the interpretation and application of importing countries requirements and requirements under the Export Control Act and relevant Orders
- matters relating to certification, documentation and labelling requirements for seafood
- inspection matters relating to common Australian standards for the production and processing of seafood
- any other relevant matter between the Australian export seafood industry and DAFF (eg the impact of imports on exports).
Membership currently includes:
- Alex Ziolkowski—Chair of SECC
- Ted Loveday—Seafood Services Australia Ltd
- Peter Hinsch—Harbourside Services Pty Ltd
- Milan Rapp—Ocean Foods Pty Ltd
- Tony Johnston—Tasmanian Seafoods Pty Ltd
- Stephen Hood—MG Kailis Pty Ltd
- David Crichton—A Raptis and Sons Pty Ltd
- David Milne—Australian Maritime College
- Trixi Madon—Commonwealth Fisheries Association
- Nora Galway—DAFF Dairy, Eggs and Fish Exports Program
The consultative committee meets twice per year.
For further information about SECC, please contact the secretariat.
Program Manager—DAFF Dairy, Eggs and Fish Exports
Phone: 02 6272 5141
Fax: 02 6272 3238
10 May 2013