General Importing Information
These pages provide detailed information on the quarantine operations related to importing goods to Australia. The content includes an account of what happens to your goods if they fail to meet Australian Quarantine Import Conditions to an explanation of the treatments that are applied as part of managing the risk of introducing exotic pests and diseases.
For general importing information, please see the links below:
- What's Happening To Your Goods?
- Import Clearance Industry Advice Notices
- Import Forms
- Electronic Certification (eCert)
- Documentary Requirements
- National Cover Sheets
- Compliance Agreements managed by DAFF
- Pre-border schemes
- Post-Border Schemes
- Quarantine Approved Premises
- Quarantine Approved Premises - Waste Disposal Facilities
- Quarantine Treatments, Fumigants and Providers
- Methyl Bromide - Questions and Answers
- Biosecurity Waste
- Request for permission to destroy form
- Cargo and Shipping News and Activities
- Cargo Compliance Verification
Operations improvements for a smarter biosecurity
Operations improvements are occuring across the import cargo and shipping sectors, visit the operations improvements for a smarter biosecurity web page for further information.
Working in Partnership
DAFF is working in partnership with the import cargo and shipping industry to strengthen Australia’s biosecurity system. For more information visit the Working in Partnership page.
23 Jan 2013