Notice to Industry 61-2009 - Documentation requirements for the clearance of imported cargo
This information is also available in the following formats:
Notice to Industry 61/2009—Documentation requirements for the clearance of imported cargo
As advised in Notice to Industry 55/2009 AQIS has updated the Minimum Documentary Requirements, the Non-Commodity Information Requirements and the Frequently Asked Questions. The revised documents are available on the AQIS website.
What updates have been made to the policy and document requirements?
Industry Notice 55/2009 foreshadowed some changes to AQIS’ policy requirements. After considering a number of submissions the following amendments have been made to the policies:
- The quarantine requirement for plywood/veneer used only as packaging material with imported goods has changed. Australia no longer requires a “Newly Manufactured Plywood Declaration” for plywood/veneer packaging material. This is effective immediately. Documents presented that include the Newly Manufactured plywood/veneer packaging declaration will still continue to be accepted. Please note: AQIS will monitor the risks associated with plywood/veneer packing through the current Import Clearance Effectiveness surveys and may periodically target surveillance for packing to verify that risks are being adequately managed.
- The addition of ‘not applicable’ boxes to the timber packing declaration template for bark and ISPM 15 statements (to address confusion when there is no timber packing in a consignment)
- Removal of the container wall lining statement requirement
- Clarification that Australian requirements for packing declaration must still be met even when extra statements are included for dual import consignments (eg. for Australia-NZ shipments)
- Word-for-word non-commodity statements should be used where possible, however guidance on acceptable alternatives will be provided. For examples of acceptable wording alternatives please see Notice to Industry 55/2009.
In addition AQIS’ Examples of Acceptable Documents and the Frequently Asked Questions have been updated to reflect the amendments that have been made to the policies to provide further clarification.
Please direct any enquires and ideas you would like considered in AQIS’ next policy review to the AQIS Entry Management Program in Canberra.
For further information in relation to the Non-Commodity Information Requirements policy or the Non-Commodity for Containerised Cargo Clearance Scheme, please email the AQIS Co-regulation Administration and Support Program in Canberra.
For further information in relation to timber packing import requirements please email the AQIS Timber National Co-ordination Centre.
02 Nov 2009