Changes to ICON - Marine molluscs other than oysters or snails
This information is also available in the following format:
- Notice to Industry 38/2010
Notice to Industry 38-2010
Commercial imports of molluscs for human consumption do not require an import permit provided they meet the AQIS Import Conditions Database (ICON) case for ‘Marine molluscs other than oysters or snails’.
As from 23 August 2010 this ICON case will be changed to include the following requirements:
- That each package of all commercial consignments of fresh chilled or frozen molluscs for human consumption be labelled ‘For human consumption only — not to be used as bait or feed for aquatic animals’.
- That all consignments of fresh chilled or frozen molluscs be accompanied by an importer’s declaration stating that
- The imported marine molluscs other than oysters or snails are for human consumption only
- If for any reason the goods are not considered suitable for human consumption they will not be diverted for use as bait, aquaculture feed, or animal feed.
Please note that all imports of molluscs for bait, aquaculture feed or animal feed require an import permit.
All documentation presented to AQIS as part of the import process must meet the requirements of the Minimum Documentary Requirements Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Notice, please contact the Biological Imports Program by telephone on 02 6272 4578, fax on 02 6249 1798 or email.
27 Jul 2010