Onshore Treatment Providers
Reminder: Check DAFF's Import Conditions database (ICON), and your import permit conditions (if relevant) to determine all import requirements prior to importing, and to confirm that the treatment is an acceptable treatment option for your commodity.
This page provides links to lists of current Onshore Treatment Providers who are:
- signatories to the Onshore Quarantine Fumigation Compliance Agreement, or
- Quarantine Approved Premises (QAPs) where quarantine treatments may be performed on specific goods.
A Compliance Agreement is a legally binding agreement between the Commonwealth and an Other Party, which requires the Other Party to meet specific requirements in respect of goods in an agreed manner. The Other Party voluntarily enters into a Compliance Agreement with DAFF under Section 66B of the Quarantine Act 1908 and is subject to the provisions of that agreement.
The Onshore Quarantine Fumigation Scheme Compliance Agreement permits accredited persons to perform onshore quarantine fumigation treatment of goods using methyl bromide without DAFF supervision.
Contact details of current signatories to the Onshore Quarantine Fumigation Scheme
Quarantine Approved Premises (QAPs) are premises where post-entry quarantine activities and treatments may be performed on goods, animals and plants. Quarantine Approved Premises are categorised according to the type of commercial operations being undertaken and the various quarantine activities that are authorised to take place at these premises.
Information on treatment types and contact details of various QAP Onshore Treatment Providers
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 2.5: Quarantine temperature controlled storage facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.1: Heat treatment facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.2: Gamma irradiation facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.3: Quarantine cleaning facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.4: Seed cleaning facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.5: Ore treatment facilities
- Onshore Treatment Providers—QAP Class 4.6: Fumigation facilities
If you have any trouble accessing the above files, a copy can be obtained from:
Industry Arrangements Management Program
Department of Agriculture Fisheries and Forestry
GPO Box 858
Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: 02 6272 5888
Email: Compliance Agreement
03 Sep 2012