Exporting Meat - Export Meat Program
The AQIS Export Meat Program provides inspection, verification and certification services to the export meat industry in Australia
The nature of the services provided includes:
- The provision of export certification acceptable to Australia’s trading partners
- A scientifically-based inspection system that underpins the production of wholesome meat and meat products
- A capacity for ongoing scientific review of the inspection system
- The supply of inspection services and veterinary oversight as required to all establishments registered for export with AQIS
- Audit activities that verify industry compliance with the Export Control Act 1982 and subordinate orders, including overseas market access requirements and establishments’ Approved Arrangements.
ELMER 3 (Electronic Legislation, Manuals and Essential References). ELMER 3 contains Legislation, AQIS Meat Notices, Export Meat Manual Volume 2, Guidelines etc, and a range of other information relating to the Export Meat Program.
19 May 2008