Elsewhere on Department of Agriculture
The Illegal Logging Prohibition Amendment Regulation 2013 was registered as a legislative instrument on 31 May 2013.
This Regulation operates under the Illegal Logging Prohibition Act 2012 which came into effect on 29 November 2012.
The new requirements, set out in the Regulation, will come into effect on 30 November 2014.
This website is currently being updated to reflect the new requirements.
Information sessions to be held around Australia and overseas
The department will be undertaking a range of outreach activities over the next 18 months.
If you would like more information about the information sessions or the Regulation, please email illegal logging.
This website will be updated as the dates of the information sessions are confirmed.
International information sessions
- June 2013 – Malaysia, Indonesia
- July 2013 – Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea
Domestic information sessions
- 24 July 2013 – Sydney, New South Wales
- 6 August 2013 – Melbourne, Victoria (importers and brokers)
- 7 August 2013 – Melbourne, Victoria (processors)
- 8 August 2013 – Traralgon, Victoria
- 13 August 2013 – Hobart, Tasmania
- 26 August 2013 – Adelaide, South Australia
- 27 August 2013 – Mt Gambier, South Australia
- 28 August 2013 – Perth, Western Australia
- 17 September 2013 – Brisbane, Queensland
- 18 September 2013 – Gympie, Queensland
- 8 October 2013 – Grafton, New South Wales
- 9 October 2013 – Eden, New South Wales
- 31 May 2013 - Timber trade required to exercise due diligence
- 13 December 2012–Stopping illegal logging: We're in this together
- 19 November 2012–Australia joins global fight against illegal logging
- 21 August 2012–Australia and New Zealand Arrangement to combat illegal logging
- 20 August 2012–Coalition votes no to action against illegal logging
- 23 November 2011–Gillard Government’s strong action to stop illegal timber trade
- 24 March 2011–Draft illegal logging legislation referred to Committee
- 9 December 2010–Australian Government takes strong action on illegal timber imports
- A Healthy Environment–Election 2010
- 12 February 2010–Government responds to report on illegal logging
- 13 October 2009–Significant step forward in fight against illegal logging
24 Sep 2013