Quarantine Approved Premises (QAP) Accredited Person training is a requirement of the QAP Conditions of Approval.
For sea and air freight depot QAPs (classes 1.1 and 1.3), training for Accredited Persons must be conducted face to face. Persons holding a class 1 Accreditation Certificate require reaccreditation only when advised to do so by the Department of Agriculture. More information on face to face accreditation training.
For QAP classes 2-8, training for Accredited Persons is available online. Please note that open quarantine of bulbs (class 6.11) and Police and Defence dogs (class 7.8) QAPs are exempt from this mandatory training.
Enrol in the online QAP Accredited Person training.
Persons accredited under QAP class 2-8 training with an accreditation or reaccreditation certificate dated February 2008 or later hold valid accreditation for two years from the accreditation date.
Persons holding a class 1 Accreditation Certificate are accredited for QAP classes 2-8 as well.
Re-accreditation training will need to be successfully completed every two years from the date of the last accreditation.
Reaccreditation training is available online.
For technical and administrative support for the online training system, please contact:
Tankstream Systems Pty Ltd
Phone: 1300 792 151
Fax: 1300 798 161
Mail: PO Box 281 Chatswood NSW 2057.
QAP class 2-8 training content
The training consists of two units:
- History of quarantine
- Quarantine legislation and penalties
- Different pathways for people and things entering Australia
- Methods of quarantine screening used by the Department of Agriculture
- Types of quarantine risk materials
- Quarantine actions on imported goods
- Groups with responsibilities for quarantine
- Some key quarantine principles
- Some important pests of quarantine concern and their impacts.
Quarantine Approved Premises
- Role of QAPs and QAP Accredited Persons
- Requirements and directions that QAPs must comply with
- Categories of items that present quarantine risks
- Effect of different types of processing on quarantine risks
- Types of quarantine treatments for addressing quarantine risk
- Key principles of QAP management.