Primary Industries Standing Committee
- Next SCoPI meeting:
Responsibilities and terms of reference
The Primary Industries Standing Committee (PISC) supports the Standing Council on Primary Industries (SCoPI) in the achievement of its objectives. It develops cooperative and coordinated approaches to matters of concern to SCoPI.
Having regard to SCoPI's terms of reference, PISC:
- directs the work of its subordinate committees
- secures cooperation between its members
- advises SCoPI on the initiation, review and development of PISC activities.
All department heads/CEOs of Australian/state/territory and New Zealand government agencies responsible for primary industries policy issues are members of PISC.
The chair of PISC is the Secretary of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
The secretariat is provided by the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
Meetings are held several weeks before a SCoPI meeting and at least once a year.
Advice to PISC and SCoPI on a wide range of issues is developed by expert advisory committees which currently includes:
- National Biosecurity Committee
- Productivity and Regulatory Reform Committee
- RD&E Committee
- Resource Management Committee
- Animal Welfare Committee
- High–Level Group on Drought
- National Agvet System Policy Taskforce
- Egg Labelling Working Group